Tuesday 1 November 2016

Mindlab 1: Leading and Following

What?
Our collaborative task was to make a video demonstrating our belief of what knowledge is and the purpose of education:



How did I lead and follow during the collaborative task?



I found this session interesting because I often like to be the leader. This time I found myself wanting to be a follower.  reflecting on this, I'm not sure if it was because I didn't feel a need to get my thoughts over (maybe because I hadn't solidified my opinion) or maybe because I wanted to see how the other people felt it should be done; I was happy to do my part.

So What?
Being a (good) leader is important, but so is being a good follower.  But, what is a good follower? As the above video shows, it is someone who contributes in step with the leader, not being dragged along and not trying to take over.

Now What?
I will need to ensure that I take the opportunities to both be a leader and a follower, and in those rules, make sure that I carry out my role well, not hindering others from carrying out their roles successfully.  I will need to make sure that I step up t lead in situations where I am comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment