Thursday 17 November 2016

2LL Teacher: Term 4 Reflection

What?
I am writing this from a point of frustration. This term, I have seen each group for  4 X 35-minute sessions. How am I supposed to run a programme where there is no continuity? I feel like it has been so hard to build on their knowledge. I had so many ideas of what I wanted to get through, yet I’ve gone nowhere.

So What?
Although I am frustrated, I need to look at the positives - most students can translate times from English into Japanese and vice versa. They understand the ways in which the Japanese people's’ attitude towards time itself can be the same and varied from their own.

Now What?
There are two ways to approach frustrations like this:
  1. Show evidence of how difficult it is, and see if there is another way 2LL teaching can be structured
  2. Make sure every lesson counts - checking that all of the lessons maximise time and learning activities with lots of repetition to help retain what is learned.
The reality is that two is the available option to me, so when I’m planning my lessons, I really need to think about what activities provide the most ‘bang for my buck’; the best use of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment