Monday 16 November 2015

Warm Fuzzies

What?
Every now and then something happens which makes us feel valued, which is a wonderful feeling.  I am feeling exhausted today, but I've just received this email from Greta Dromgool (our science teacher, who is on leave for two terms), and it felt really good.

"Hi Kathryn,

I hope that I have conveyed this in some small way already, but I would like you to know how thankful I am for the work you have done to support Science at Berkley. Thank you for keeping an eye out for the wonderful Rochelle, for all your many, many hours ensuring Science Fair was a success (and wasn't it just!), and all the times you have shown enthusiasm in meetings, or replying to my emails.

Looking forward to working with you again next year.

Greta"

So what?
This has shown me the power of well-chosen and well-timed words.  I often think appreciative thoughts of people, but often the time comes and goes in busyness and they get forgotten.  What I have learned from Greta is that it is important to share this appreciation with others. Just like it did for me, I may provide someone for support, just when they need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment