Thursday 12 May 2016

Tutor Teacher Course Pt 2: Twilight Session

What?

A neat book to remind us about perspectives.

Available at The Book Depository






Beginning Discussion:
Thinking about the learning with our PCTs
Share successes and celebrations since our last workshop - why did these happen? What made them become celebrations/successes.

Real growth in their confidence.


Conversations

Difficult...



When others believe we are working for mutual purpose, that we care about their goals, interests, and values, then we have the basis for good dialogue.
Find a shared goal and you have both a good reason and a healthy climate for talking.
Patterson, Grenny, McMillan


Conversations that are tough, difficult, fierce, tricky, hard, stressful?
Those adjectives can make it worse than it needs to be. We're setting ourselves up into a negative headspace before hand.
Instead, call it an 'important' conversation.

"If it's important, then it's important to have the conversation" Joan Dalton






Positive...





Using Evidence and being specific:
I noticed...
I watched...
I noted...
I observed...
I saw...
I heard...

These are evidence-based

NOT: I think... because it is judgement

So What?
Tal

What now?
Talk to Hayley about my busyness.  Tell her to come to me when she needs something - just plonk herself in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment